Lemnia

 

It lies 10 kms to the north-east of Târgu Secuiesc. It was created from the fusion of the villages of Lemnia de Jos (Alsólemhény or Alszeg) situated on the widening terrace of Râul Negru (Feketeügy), and the Lemnia de Sus (Felsőlemhény Venece) villages that lie in the long valley of the Veneţia-stream.
Its Roman Catholic church has medieval origins, and stands on the St. Michael mountain between Mereşti (Kézdialmás) and Lemnia. The medieval church crumbled and in 1510 they had to build a new one instead, it was rebuilt in 1777 in Baroque style, its defensive walls are from the 17th century with 2 towers and a gate tower, which is also a bell tower at the same time.

One hour from the village on the mountain top above the valley of the Lemnia Mare (Nagy-Lemhény) stream there are the ruins of a significant castle. The castle was named Ciomortan (Csomortány) castle by Balázs Orbán after the nearby parish.
There is another castle ruin in the upper valley of the Râul Negru, on a wide top of the Muntele Lung (Hosszúhavas), which was named Haiducilor (Hajdú) castle and must have been a castle of the border rangers. Its conservation area is the Veresvizi bog.

 

Itt tartzkodsz: SIGHTS Monuments Lemnia