The Daniel-castle situated in the settlement is a cluster of buildings that has XVI-XVIIth century Renaissance then Baroque and Classicist elements. The first written document that mentions it dates back to 1580, the castle was already standing then, and was later rebuilt several times.
It is worth viewing the beautiful Renaissance door frames on the building, as well as the double Daniel-Perki creston the front side. Presently the local government is housed in the castle.
The park holds the remnants of an arboretum’s rarities, ornamental trees. The region’s only pyramidal oak can be found here, but there is also blood beech, maple, a – by its folk name – ”sad ash”, grey poplar and early maple too.


The Unitarian church was built between 1813-1820, in its walls they also built a few carved stone keepsakes of the old, so-called Alszeg Unitarian church. Inside the church there are painted cassettes, benches and balcony rails, which were mostly made by members of the Suto family. In its tower there is an a bell valued as art treasure, which was made in 1815.
Not far from the village there is the Vârghiş-gorge, which can only be visited from one side by car (forest road, 11 kms). This is one of the most important karst area of Seklerland, the specialists have registered about 122 caves and rock chambers inside. Its biggest cave is the Mereşti cave.


(85 kms from Valea Seacă, 1 hour 15 minutes by car)



Itt tartzkodsz: SIGHTS Monuments Vârghiş